Thursday, February 12, 2009

MORE MORE MORE

MKO: For me, it really started by looking at people. There are just some really beautiful people in the world. When you're walking down the street, or you're at a restaurant, someone catches your eye because they have their own look. It goes way beyond what they're wearing-into their mannerisms, the way they smile, or just the way they hold themselves.

CB: So you're more inspired by the street than you are by Hollywood.

MKO: Some people are natural beauties, some have great style, but sometimes it comes from talent. Take Kate Winslet: I was listening to her speech at the Golden Globes. That woman has so much intensity. She's amazing to watch and to listen to. With some people, it can even be their voice that makes them attractive.

CB: Do you remember the point in your life when you first got interested in fashion? Were you 16 and suddenly tearing through Vogues?

MKO: I didn't look at magazines until a couple of years ago, to be honest. I never really knew anything about fashion. When I was young, clothes were really just about what fit, because Ashley and I were so tiny. So I understood fit before I understood style.
Read more at Interview

No comments: